The incumbent develops and administers company-approved employee health programs as assigned by the Manager, EHS, follows-up employee workplace injuries/exposures at the direction of management, and maintains accurate records of all associated matters. Job duties related to the timely processing of worker's compensation claims and/or compliance with governmental regulations necessitate that efficient, formal communication procedures be developed between the incumbent, Quest Diagnostics, Medical Directors, the Human Resources Department, and the EHS Manager. The incumbent participates in new employee orientation programs and performs pre-employment physicals. The incumbent actively supports and complies with all company and departmental policies and procedures. The incumbent actively supports and assists as required the Healthy Quest activities for the business unit.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:1. Develops, implements, and updates procedures for the prevention of chemical, physical and biohazard incidents; demonstrates proper safety precautions to supervisors and employees as needed or requested.
2. Performs standard EHS Specialist duties.
3. Reviews/investigates, in conjunction with the EHS Manager/Specialist, all employee exposures and injuries; develops action plans for the purpose of reducing incident rates.
4. Renders post-exposure treatment as outlined in the Standard Operating Policy.
5. Develops and implements a pre-employment health assessment and arranges for physical examinations when necessary, to include pre-employment drug screening. Coordinates this information with that of the Human Resources Department's selection and orientation processes in a timely manner.
6. Assists the Manager, EHS in conducting training as requested.
7. Develops and executes an on-going employee education program to heighten employee awareness, reduce fears and reduce/prevent workplace incidents.
8. Administers emergency treatment to Quest Diagnostics employees as needed, to include subcutaneous, intermuscular or intravenous injection of medications, oxygen, cardiac resuscitation, etc.
9. Administers and follows up any laboratory-initiated medical prevention programs; i.e., vaccine programs.
10. Maintains a confidential health record on all Quest Diagnostics employees so desiring regarding personal health conditions placing them at increased risk for medical/surgical emergency treatment; i.e., hypertension, diabetes, coronary artery disease, etc.; renders prompt emergency care when needed.
11. Submits written management reports to the Manager, EHS detailing activities, as requested.
12. Serves as a source of accurate information regarding biohazard exposures and general safety and encourages employees to a more 'healthful' life-style.
13. Serves as a standing member of Quest Diagnostics Safety Committee.
14. Trains and recertifies Security Officers and other personnel in basic life support and first aid.
15. Maintains adequate equipment, certification requirements and supplies.
16. Performs other job-related duties as assigned by competent authority.Physical DemandsNone
Experience, Education, and LicensureA licensed registered nurse and/or an Associates Degree or equivalent years education in the Allied Health Sciences or Nursing, with certification as an Emergency Medical Technician required. Previous general supervision, training experience and personal computer skills are preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Broad knowledge of all governmental regulations applicable to the effective performance of the duties and responsibilities outlined for this position.Strong interpersonal skills necessary to educate and communicate with all levels of employees. Spanish bilingual skills preferred. Aptitude for organizing, planning and implementing employee programs as described.Ability to make decisions under emergency situations.Ability to coordinate work with other departments for smooth and efficient operations.Ability to maintain accurate logs and records.Ability to deal with sensitive information in a strictly confidential manner.
Website : http://www.questdiagnostics.com
Quest Diagnostics has headquarters in the U.S. and operations in India, Ireland, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. Our products and services are used by customers in over 130 countries. We also collaborate with many international diagnostic laboratories, hospitals and clinics to help improve human health around the world.The company is the leading provider of pre-employment drugs-of-abuse screening for employers & risk assessment services for the life insurance industry. It is the world’s 2nd largest provider of clinical trials testing for new pharmaceuticals.