Whole Foods Market IP, L.P.
The Regional Space Planner is a self-directed role, with multiple reports within the Regional team. They are responsible for generating, maintaining, and finalizing Regional and Store-level planograms that combine Global and Regional assortments and adhere to Regional merchandising standards. This position will focus on space and floor planning support and be the primary space planning point for Regional and Global Category Management projects including category resets, remodels, and new store openings.
- Partner with the Global Space Planning team to implement and maintain regional level planograms to support category swaps/refreshes/resets, remodels, and new store openings.
- Experiment and innovate to develop new merchandising techniques to push sales, while achieving merchandising goals set by Global and Market insight. Develop store-specific or ad-hoc planograms as requested.
- Update and adjust Global planograms with Regional and Local items in conjunction with Global Space Planning Team. Enable timely and accurate execution of planograms, reporting, and analysis.
- Critique planograms based on customer-centric visual merchandising standards, customer shopability, space efficiency, store execution, operational efficiencies, and Regional merchandising standards and effect necessary adjustments.
- Initiate and lead review meetings with appropriate Regional and Global partners for feedback on merchandising or assortment decisions before finalizing. Adhere to project timelines.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of WFM purchasing/merchandising processes and technology to effectively support the space planning and planogram execution process.
- Coordinate and verify all required data for Regional assortment in partnership with Regional Buyers.
- Create planograms for high-impact Regional special projects in a small group of stores to test and evaluate operational or visual merchandising solutions.
- Create and/or distribute event specific order boards, tag files, and other tools & reports from Planograms as needed including New Item & Void Purchase Orders to vendors and stores.
- Support Regional Buyers by providing space planning-specific information to our suppliers and distributors as needed.
- Maintain planograms and other systems for accurate data management in support of category resets, remodels, and new store openings. Actively provide feedback to Global partners for improvements of tools, systems, and reports.
- Partner with Coordinators to implement and establish overall team space planning schedule priorities and strategies. Leverage Global Space Planning support as needed.
- Partner with Regional Coordinators & ACs on macro & micro space planning and translate planograms into ordering and reset activities.
- Actively participate in on-site category resets, remodels, and new store openings to review and adjust planograms as assigned/needed.
- Actively participate in the development of best practices to improve team efficiencies and provide strategic input in all initiatives that impact space planning.
- Assist in fixture, equipment, and facility asset capturing and cataloging to ensure accurate representations of stores and sets are maintained in Global and Regional databases.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Space planning experience (1-2 years) preferred
- Retail operations experience required including experience with category resets, remodels, and new store openings
- Proven self-starter and an independent contributor
- Knowledge of and passion for natural and organic products required
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, product movement software, report writing software
- Experience with space management software (Intactix JDA Space Planning preferred)
- Intermediate level skills with data management
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organization, and prioritization skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Solution-focused, positive outlook with an ability to stay positive in tense situations
- Commitment to a culture of excellence; goal-oriented
- Demonstrated merchandising abilities
- Passionate customer service ethic
- Demonstrated leadership skills; proven ability to develop relationships, be an active voice in refining and improving the category management space and lead through change with a solution oriented and a professional attitude
- Self-motivated with a flexible schedule ability to work limited nights and weekends
- Involves travel between Whole Foods Market locations; overnight travel as needed
- Some reaching above and below shoulder height
- Some exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals
- Repetitive use of hands and fine manipulation
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background and occasional loud noises
- Any item over 40lbs requires a team lift
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Whole Foods Market IP, L.P.
Website : http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com
Who are we? Well, we seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Add to that the excitement and fun we bring to shopping for groceries, and you start to get a sense of what we’re all about. Oh yeah, we’re a mission-driven company too.