At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard days work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
Responsible for efficient operations of one or multiple yards that may include operating light/heavy duty equipment, loading and unloading product, executing standard receiving and shipping processes, providing spotting duties for equipment operators, rigging and cribbing of materials, maintaining inventory in the yard, and quality control duties. Responsible for warehouse duties that may include inventory management, picking/shipping orders, and receiving product.
* Provides spotting duties for equipment operators. Performs rigging and cribbing of all materials. Maintains a safe work environment by following all written safety guidelines, and ensures the zone of safety is monitored. Inspects all equipment used daily.
* Receives, counts, and records shipment data into the system. Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise. Prepares packages/merchandise for storage. Records receiving data using computer. Packs, unpacks, and marks stock items using identification tags, stamps, electronic marking tools, or other labeling equipment. Delivers products, supplies, and equipment to designated area as needed.
* May operate heavy equipment to include, but not limited to, wheel loaders, large/small forklifts, and other heavy lifting equipment (i.e. straddle carriers). May operate motor vehicles to include, but not limited to, light duty trucks and commercial spotter vehicles.
* Unloads product from vendors’ trucks and trailers. Loads products on customers’ trailers. Executes all work assignment and follows applicable procedures.
* Maintains accurate paperwork for record keeping purposes.
* Maintains excellent housekeeping practices in order to promote a safe and clean working environment.
* Identifies incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notifies supervisor of issues. Verifies against physical count of stock. Examines and inspects stock items for wear and tear.
* May frequently interact with customers and maintain a high level of customer service.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates with:
* Equipment operations, warehouse, and customer service experience preferred.
About Anixter – Who We Are
We enable the connected world. From securer facilities and communities, to more efficient networks and industrial environments, we deliver the infrastructure solutions—and intelligence—that sustain our customers businesses. Through our superior product offerings, unmatched global distribution network, expert supply chain management and technical know-how, we drive efficiency and effectiveness to benefit our customer’s bottom line.
Anixter International is a leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. We help build, connect, protect and power valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, we offer full-line solutions, and intelligence, that create reliable, resilient systems that sustain businesses and communities. Through our unmatched global distribution network along with our supply chain and technical expertise, we help lower the cost, risk and complexity of our customers’ supply chains.
Anixter, with over $7 billion in annual revenue, adds value to the distribution process by providing our customers access to 1) innovative supply chain solutions, 2) over 450,000 products and $1.2 billion in inventory, 3) approximately 320 warehouses/branch locations with approximately 9 million square feet of space and 4) locations in over 300 cities in more than 50 countries.
* Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60 days
* Access to virtual doctor for common illnesses. Get advice from a doctor without leaving your home!
* Annual health screenings available at no cost to you
* 401k with 50% company match
* Vacation time
* Holiday pay
* Employee preferred provider discounts through PerkSpot.com
* Tuition reimbursement
* Employee Referral Program – Big $$$ for referring great employees!
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life insurance programs
* Short and Long Term Disability programs
* Health saving options (FSA and HSA)
* Many more benefits available!
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Website : http://www.anixter.com
From a small family loan of $10,000 in 1957 to a global company with more than 8,200 employees in over 50 countries, Anixter has been redefining the distribution of wire and cable for more than 50 years. When Anixter wrote the Blue Book in 1968, it reached more than $10 million in sales and had 700 employees. By 1980, Anixter had more than 2,000 employees and added locations in Canada and the United Kingdom. As the millennium drew to a close, Anixter doubled its workforce, topped $1 billion in sales and had locations in Latin America, Asia and the South Pacific. In the first decade of the 2000s, Anixter achieved $6 billion in sales, had more than 8,200 employees and served markets as diverse as fasteners, physical security and data communications. For a company that speaks 30 languages and has more than 100,000 customers worldwide, Anixter has grown remarkably from the first day Alan and Bill Anixter started to cut wire to length with the help of their mother's loan.