americas thrift stores
Baton Rouge, LA, United States
Jul 22, 2020
We're on a mission to grow our company to double its current size, and we need your help.
America’s Thrift Stores is a private equity-owned, for-profit company that operates 20 stores in Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee. We are proud to employ over 1,200 people across our locations, while supporting the local community providing affordable, quality products. America’s Thrift Stores has approximately $50 million in revenue and is operating profitably. We partner with specific charities within the states we operate in.
Join the Management Team at America's Thrift Stores and put your leadership skills to work!
Our company was founded on Christian principles and supports family-oriented Christian ministries locally and around the world. We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package based on education and experience. On-site interview will be required. Strong growth potential and advancement opportunities exist.
*Must be willing to relocate
• 3-5 years of management experience in a retail, production, logistics, or processing environment
• E4 or above military ranking for Veterans or Reservist
• Certified training with 3+ years management in retail, production, logistics, or processing
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
• The candidate must have a combination of aspiration, ability, and engagement attributes. These traits should be evident in the initial interview with the candidate communicating past experiences, the desire for career growth, and a commitment to people and customers.
• Excellent people skills
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Supervisory experience of hourly employees in an operational environment preferred
• Exceptional work ethic and dependability
• Experience in managing multiple shift operations preferred
• High energy level, strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills preferred
• Tactful interaction with peers, subordinates, vendors and customers preferred
• Able to conduct business with a high sense of urgency
• Ability to works with all levels of employees to identify and implement process improvements
• Data Driven – works with facts to develop actions and projects
• Integrity – drives the benefits of ATS, not individual or personal preference
• Company focus – works with business information to drive the best solutions
• Collaboration – able to work with and through others
• Detailed – able to understand detailed and understandable processes
• Efficient – produces significant results with minimized effort
• Follow-through – meets commitments
• Organization – plans, organizes, and schedules multiple projects effectively
Requirements (the candidate needs to possess one of the following):
• Associates degree in Business or Marketing with at least 2 years work experience in one or more of these areas or retail
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing with at least Summer/Holiday job in retail.
americas thrift stores