Uses laboratory test equipment to perform routine tests on product or feedstock samples. Evaluates and reports test results. Uses Quality systems in place and ensures that daily operations are safe and comply with country and SH&E requirements.
* Conducts routine tests and analyses of product or feedstock samples to determine quality and reliability during manufacturing or product development. Tests for quality, performance and chemical characteristics. Relies on test scripts and documentation.
* Reports test results in an accurate and timely manner. Determines compliance with Quality standards as well as Cabot and customers requests. Rejects or releases product to inventory per established QC plans.
* May set up tests and equipment and conduct special functional tests on products or other materials.
* Ensures test equipment is calibrated properly and in safe operating condition. May calibrate equipment as necessary.
* Uses systems to enter work orders and requisitions. Compiles test results.
* Participates in scheduled safety meetings and completes safety training requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Familiar with analytical techniques, chemical-handling and laboratory procedures. Ability to use testing tools and equipment. Basic knowledge of Quality Control and Statistical Control principles.
* Manual dexterity, accuracy and attention to details.
* Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
* Written, verbal communication and active listening skills. Ability to read and interpret operating instructions. Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team-based environment.
* Excellent organization skills in order to complete various sample tests simultaneously.
* Flexibility in performing changing assignments and work schedules.
* High School Diploma required. Chemistry and math coursework or vocational training highly desirable.
* 1-3 years related experience.
About the Company
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Website : http://www.cabot-corp.com
Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Our businesses deliver a broad range of products and solutions to customers in every corner of the globe, serving key industries such as transportation, infrastructure, environment and consumer. We provide performance solutions that solve customers' challenges today while preparing them to meet tomorrow’s needs. Our commitment to innovation is driven by a passion to advance our customers' businesses through our deep understanding of their industries and the global trends that impact their operations. Innovation The power of Cabot is that we combine this knowledge with our technical expertise and, ultimately partner with our customers to create value through innovation and technology. Our strength in research and development is a major reason why we have been an industry leader for more than 130 years in products such as rubber and specialty carbons, cesium formate brines, activated carbon, aerogel, fine cesium chemicals, fumed metal oxides, graphenes, inkjet colorants, masterbatches and conductive compounds. We continue to innovate through @cabotlabs, which integrates our expert team of engineers, scientists and researchers with market intelligence and technology leadership to deliver solutions for tomorrow.