Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC)
COTS Business Analyst (Job Number:442042)
SAIC is looking for a COTS Business Analyst to join the team supporting our customer, AAR Corp., in support of a Department of State Air Wing mission in Melbourne/Palm Bay, FL.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures technical, systems, process, end-user, configuration, transition, and training requirements, design, selection, and cost documents are accurate and complete for the COTS- based solution.
- Support proposal development, cost estimating, Basis of Estimates and schedule
- Facilitates meetings and communications with potential COTS suppliers
- Leads requirements sessions and/or workflow analysis throughout the organization.
- Facilitates user acceptance testing and/or test coordination with business partners.
- Collaborates with COTS suppliers responsible to help ensure a user experience to meld design with functional requirements.
- Elicits, analyzes and documents business and functional requirements.
- Prepares as is/to be diagrams, context diagrams, and swim lanes/business process diagrams.
- Participates in RFI and RFP processes.
- Performs and documents gap analyses.
- Works with COTS suppliers to elicit requirements needed to support configuration of Software as a Service solutions.
- Develops Requirements Traceability Matrixes.
- Identifies opportunities to improve current processes and to act as a champion for change within the organization.
- Assists in the preparation of the testing strategy and the execution of the test plan.
- Supports System Integration and UAT testing in Phase 2
- Identifies opportunities to improve current processes.
- Presents new and existing system applications capabilities to users and Key Decision Makers.
- Work with cross-functional teams to investigate, gather and develop detailed business requirements that effectively translate business problems into innovative and practical solutions.
- Translate business problems into project justifications, requirements and support the IT process from build to launch
- Candidate will have the opportunity to recommend new features or improvements to IT/business partners based on digital, mobile app or ecommerce experience and best practices.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. HS Diploma or equivalent with an additional 4+ years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with COTS applications such as Trax, SharePoint, Maximo, Primavera, Intelex, and Oracle is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of supporting processes such as Total Cost of Ownership Estimating, Design/Graphical Design, Planning and Scheduling, and Work Execution to facilitate the enhancement of operational efficiencies is required.
- Ability to be customer- centric with a demonstrated knowledge of IT development and support processes; initiative; analytical reasoning;
- Possess exceptional listening/oral/written communications skills and be capable of communicating effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Candidate must show strong software development lifecycle (e.g. agile, iterative, waterfall) experience with a focus on requirements gathering and testing.
- Possess a working knowledge of requirements management tools.
- Ability to bring an approach and applied knowledge related to the Business Analyst role on cross-functional teams implementing Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions as well as Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) packages.
- Must be able to obtain Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
JOB POSTING: Nov 29, 2018, 4:20:28 PM
PRIMARY LOCATION: United States-FL-PALM BAY
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST CURRENTLY POSSESS: None
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: Public Trust
POTENTIAL FOR TELEWORKING: No
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the time
SHIFT: Day Job
Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC)
Website : http://www.saic.com
The setting for SAIC's startup in 1969 was not much different than that of many companies that begin with a few dollars and a good idea. Small, austere offices with rented desks and typewriters that have seen better days. People furiously working days, nights and weekends, hoping to curb the anxiety over the future. For SAIC, it began in offices with a tremendous ocean view (rented for $2.40 per square foot per year) in the sleepy village of La Jolla, California. "We had the added advantage of having as our next-door neighbor, a ballet studio," recalls founder J. Robert Beyster, Ph.D. "On the balcony in front of us, just to keep things light-hearted, the ballerinas would dance by as we did our research."