The THV Supervisor will manage all aspects of manufacturing with direct supervision of up to 35 employees. The supervisor will be responsible for the manufacturing of devices used during Transcatheter procedures.
* Supervise employees and manufacturing activities pertaining to the production of products and/or manufacturing processes in - and with manufacturing/technical knowledge of - 2 or more production areas, depending on the complexity of the areas, in addition to conducting performance reviews, including resolving performance issues.
* Lead improvement projects, partner with engineering on investigations and/or corrective actions, perform non-conformance investigations for review with engineering, assures documentation content is valid.
* Accountable for productivity and quality metrics of staff, and provide regular progress reports and manufacturing metrics to management and cross-functional stakeholders.
* Oversee the scheduling of work orders and team performance metrics.
* Ensure appropriate staffing for all positions.
* Accountable to ensure staff is appropriately trained to perform assigned work.
* Document owner for assigned product line assembly procedures.
* Monitor raw material usage and availability required in daily production.
* Monitor material and labor variances to meet established standards.
* On time arrival to work, regular attendance without excessive absenteeism, and working a full 10 hour or longer work period.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with internship, or substantial technical knowledge and experience in assigned work area, and sufficient experience in related manufacturing, quality and/or product development engineering, with skill levels exceeding the requirements of the Supervisor I Required
* 2 Years of related experience with full responsibility for all personnel including hire/fire authority and handling all aspects of employee relations in manufacturing, quality and/or product development engineering Required
* Experience leading multi-cultural teams with cultural sensitivity
* Project management experience
* Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite with working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, preferably JDE
* Experience working in a medical device industry, preferred
* Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills; possessing strong collaboration skills in partnering with cross functional stakeholders in order to achieve objectives, as well as mediating differences to achieve consensus
* Full understanding of manufacturing procedures related to all stages of own area of responsibility
* Ability to supervise/lead employees in a manufacturing environment
* Ability to analyze and adjust line/operation layouts to improve efficiency
* Full understanding of all aspects of processes and equipment used in assigned work
* Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
* Demonstrated ability to supervise teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
* Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
* Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and Six Sigma
* Supervise a section of production activity to accomplish tasks, projects and operations
Website : http://www.edwards.com
Edwards Lifesciences has its heart in the right place. Named for co-inventor of the first artificial heart valve Miles "Lowell" Edwards, the company is a spinoff from Baxter International. Edwards makes instruments for cardiovascular disease patients. The company focuses on cardiac surgery products, critical care products, and vascular products. Its products include replacement valves, valve repair equipment, hemodynamic monitoring systems, catheters, surgical clips and inserts, and artificial implantable grafts. Edwards markets through a direct sales force and through distributors, of which Baxter is one. Edwards operates worldwide.