Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Numerous openings available for our 2nd shift (3:30pm - 12:00am) at Stanley Access' manufacturing facility off of Mt. Comfort Rd! Pay rates start at $14.25/hr benefits. 2nd Shift receives an additional 10% shift differential. This position is responsible for performing a variety of manufacturing tasks related to cutting, machining and assembly of automatic door packages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* To perform a variety of assembly operations to complete door packages
* Inspect finished doors, components and sub-assemblies to pack complete aluminum entrance packages.
* Maintain quality standards as described in the quality system.
* Perform all necessary material handling requirements of the job
* Ability to perform basic math add, subtract, multiply whole numbers, fractions and decimals
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area
* Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement demonstrated by a work history:
* Of safe performance,
* Of accuracy and attention to detail in the work performed, and
* Of constructive problem solving and suggestions for improvement
* Follow established Standard Operating Procedures
* Compliance to all Plant Environmental, Health and Safety policies and Environmental and OSHA regulatory requirements.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge
* Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change
* Previous manufacturing experience preferred but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Must be able to continuously perform grasping, reaching, pushing, pulling, and walking
* Must be able to handle continuous standing 8-10 hours daily
* Must be able to perform frequent lifting up to 40 lbs independently and up to 70 lbs with assistance.
* Must be able to work in an environment with various changing temperatures for portions of the year.
* Must be able to work daily and weekly overtime as required.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Website : http://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/
When you trace it all the way back, it comes down to three individuals: Frederick Stanley, Duncan Black, and Alonzo Decker. Three passionate individuals who built powerful companies that they were so proud of they put their names on them. Hundreds of years later, we’re proud to continue their legacies and we’re proud to carry their names forward. In 1843, Frederick Stanley started a small shop in New Britain, Connecticut, to manufacture bolts, hinges, and other hardware from wrought iron. With superior quality, consistent innovation, and rigorous operational improvement, Stanley’s company defined excellence, and so did his products. In 1910, S. Duncan Black and Alonzo G. Decker started their shop, similar in size at first, in Baltimore, Maryland. Six years later they changed the world by obtaining the world’s first patent for a portable power tool, and the company they built has been changing the world ever since. Both companies grew in parallel over the ensuing decades, amassing an unparalleled family of brands and products and an even more impressive wealth of industry expertise. In 2010, the two companies combined to form Stanley Black & Decker, to deliver the tools and solutions that industrial companies, professionals, and consumers count on to be successful when it really matters. Just as it was in 1843, our passion for excellence is seen around the world in our disciplined operations, purposeful business growth, and loyal customer relationships.