Job Description and Requirements Every software company has bugs in their code. We help those companies find the defects that cause their products to fail!
Our products involve highly-sophisticated, cutting-edge software algorithms to detect critical defects and security vulnerabilities in source code. Therefore, our technical support issues can be highly complex --- solving them requires intelligence, insight, and true technical expertise.
We are searching to find a smart, motivated Technical Support Engineer with C/C , C#, and/or Java programming experience. We want to hire people who are eager to help the best engineers from the worlds top companies (our customers) solve complex problems in their source code and development environments.
If you have this programming knowledge and a passion for helping engineers find solutions for software quality and security needs, then Synopsys is the right place for you.
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for resolving customer problems. In this role, you will work closely with R & D and technical support staff to provide high-quality support to our customers.
Tasks essential to this position include:
* You will be the Single Point of Contact for many of our strategic customers. You will be the customers trusted advisor and advocate, understand the customers environment and business goals and work closely with the account team when needed
* Troubleshoot incoming customer problems through email and/or phone
* Work with support team and developers to provide resolution to customer issues
* Research and respond to customer requests and provide detailed explanations to address questions and concerns from some of the worlds brightest developers and software architects
* Create knowledge items for recurring issues
* BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 2-3 years experience in technical support and/or C/C /C# or Java programming with expert support skills
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with variety of industry hardware platforms and operating systems (Linux/Unix, Windows, etc.).
* Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and demonstrate resourcefulness in obtaining necessary diagnostic information
* Ability to quickly assimilate complex problems and develop a resolution strategy
* Experience in multiple compiler environments gives you top priority in our hiring queue!
* Extensive technical expertise; the ability to solve problems and determine the root cause of issues
* Ability to use development tools, software, and advanced troubleshooting procedures. Must be able to tailor content to meet the needs of the client experience with ************** a plus
* Enjoy fast-paced, energetic environment. Entrepreneurial and results-oriented with a strong work ethic
* Can handle multiple critical client support issues and can effectively communicate this to senior management
* Smart, creative, energetic, conscientious, and enthusiastic persona
* Team player with a customer-focused attitude
Synopsys offers the most comprehensive portfolio of software security solutions in the market. We go beyond traditional testing services to help our clients identify, remediate, and prevent vulnerabilities in the applications that power their businesses. Our holistic approach to application security offers a balance of managed and professional services and products tailored to fit customers specific needs. We dont stop when the test is over. Our experts also provide remediation guidance, program design services, and training that empower customers to build and maintain secure applications.
Business Title Application Engineer
Hiring Location USA - California - San Francisco
Hire Type Employee
Job Category Engineering
Country United States
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.synopsys.com
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNPS) provides products and services that accelerate innovation in the global electronics market. As a leader in electronic design automation (EDA) and semiconductor intellectual property (IP), Synopsys' comprehensive, integrated portfolio of system-level, IP, implementation, verification, manufacturing, optical and field-programmable gate array (FPGA)