Join the team as we build and start manufacturing in our new facility in Sherman, Texas where we will produce vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers (VCSELs) used in Apple’s iPhone camera to allow features such as Face ID, Animoji and Portrait mode selfies. What are VCSELs? It’s an acronym that is pronounced “vixels” – they are small semiconductor devices that emit light vertically and enable 3D sensing.
KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide first level support for Finisar employee’s IT related issues in a courteous and responsive manner.
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, networking equipments and peripherals.
• Keep current with the latest technologies.
•Implements all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
• Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
•Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s users, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
• Administer add, move, and change requests from end users as well as new line installations as required.
• Monitor, assign, update user requests in Finisar’s IT ticketing system (Unicenter).
• University degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years related work experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• On-call availability.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Finisar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Website : http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/company/optium-corp-397858-50561
We are a supplier of high-performance optical subsystems for use in telecommunications and cable TV network systems. Since our founding in 2000, we have developed proprietary technology and products that enable transmission, reception and switching functionality for high-bandwidth, intelligent optical networking applications.