20.40 per hour
We have an opening for a Meat Department Manager for Store 2069 in Pinetop/Lakeside, Arizona.
Oversees implementation of Division Meat Merchandising Programs. Responsible for pricing, displaying, ordering, and inventory control within the Department. Responsible for the overall presentation, cleanliness, and profitability of the Department while providing excellence in superior customer service.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for Superior Service goals of the Department
• Supervise department staff to include scheduling, training and assigning duties
• Implement all merchandising programs
• Ensure standards of Department presentation and operations are met; including cleanliness and sanitation, inventory control, rotation, quality, ordering, variety standards, signing, seasonal schematic
• Responsible for ordering and inventory control to meet division turn goals
• Ensure the Department has the highest quality of product available for the customer
• Monitor to ensure variety standards are followed, as well as 100% compliance on ad item display
• Ensure paperwork, as set by the Division, is followed
• Perform all other related duties as assigned by management
• Responsible for the sales and profitability of the Department
The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
• High School Diploma/GED or relevant work history or demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the position
• Highly motivated and team oriented
• Minimum 2-3 years' Journeyman meat cutting experience, with Assistant Meat Manager experience preferred.
• Must have strong leadership ability
• Must possess strong Customer Service qualities
$20.40 per hour
Go to www.careersatsafeway.com
From the drop down select “Store Management”
Fill in Company, Country, and State. In the Requisition Number field, type the Requisition Number
Click on the posting job title. Click Log in to Apply
• If you are a Registered User sign in by entering email and password
• If you are a first time user, create a New User Account
• If you forgot your password, reset your password
Complete the entire profile until you receive this confirmation message. “Thank you! Your application has been submitted!”
Website : http://www.safeway.com
In 1915, M.B. Skaggs, an ambitious young man in the small Idaho town of American Falls, purchased a tiny grocery store from his father. M.B.'s business strategy, to give his customers value and to expand by keeping a narrow profit margin, proved spectacularly successful. By 1926 he was opening 428 Skaggs stores in 10 states. M.B. almost doubled the size of his business that year when he merged his company with 322 Safeway (formerly Selig) stores and incorporated as Safeway, Inc. Two years later M.B. listed Safeway on the New York Stock Exchange. M.B. did not let the difficulties of the Great Depression dilute his pioneering focus on value for customers. In the 1930s Safeway introduced produce pricing by the pound, adding “sell by” dates on perishables to assure freshness, nutritional labeling, even some of the first parking lots.