Texas Woman's University
Denton, TX, United States
Healthcare, Nursing, Executive, Manager, Fundraising, Education
Mar 17, 2023
Jun 30, 2023
Open Until Filled
Development and Fundraising
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
Minimum eight years of fundraising or related experience in higher education. Previous experience working in an academic or medical preferred. An advanced degree may substitute for years of experience required on a year-for-year basis.
Regular and reliable attendance during regular scheduled days and work hours is an essential function of this position.
May complete some or all work remotely upon approval via the university's Alternative Work Arrangement Policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The following are essential:
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and other university leaders.
Ability to travel frequently (mostly within the state of Texas).
Proven ability to successfully manage a portfolio of major gift prospects.
Proven ability to collaborate and drive complex multi-unit gifts.
Knowledge of and comfort with technology, including familiarity with computer-based fundraising support systems such as Raiser’s Edge NXT and Evertrue.
Proven ability to build productive relationships with the University leadership, senior administrators, faculty, staff, students, business and industry leaders, elected officials, institutional boards, volunteers, and donors.
Ability to use a personal computer and other office equipment, including related university software and email.
The Senior Director of Development for the Colleges of Nursing & Health Sciences will serve as a member of the Deans’ senior leadership team and report jointly to the Assistant Vice President of University Advancement and Women’s Leadership Philanthropy and the Deans of Colleges. The Senior Director of Development will assist in building a successful annual and major gift program, expand the donor base, and develop a strong alumni community within the Colleges. The Senior Director of Development will also assist University leadership with implementing and executing a major comprehensive campaign grounded in the TWU Strategic Plan. Work is performed under general supervision and performance evaluation is based upon completion of assignments and results obtained. The performance evaluation is conducted through the performance evaluation system and in accordance with the University Policies & Procedures.
Assistant Vice President, University Advancement and Women’s Leadership Philanthropy and the Deans of the Colleges of Nursing and Health Sciences
May supervise Directors, Assistant Directors, Support Staff, and Student Assistants
ESSENTIAL DUTIES -
May include, but not limited to the following:
● Manages a portfolio of prospects that includes individuals, corporations, and foundations to further the mission of the Colleges.
● Collaborates with deans, faculty, and other development and alumni engagement staff to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donors.
● Oversees continuous research, development, and understanding of all prospects and works collaboratively with University Advancement colleagues and staff to ensure a donor-centric approach to identification, solicitation, and stewardship
● Provides leadership and strategy to the Assistant Vice President for University Advancement.
● Coordinates and manages all alumni/donor activities and events for the Colleges.
● Maintains timely contact reports, prospect plans, and solicitations within the data tracking systems.
● Serves as the primary liaison between the Colleges and University Advancement.
● Reviews, proposes, and develops key relationships with faculty and administers with the Colleges.
● Prepares written development materials, including case statements, proposals, and fundraising initiative/campaign-related materials for assigned college, school, and/or program(s).
● Assists in establishing and adhering to annual operating budgets and ensures that development programs are operating in a fiscally prudent and productive way.
● Keeps abreast of current best practices in the development profession and evaluates new and emerging ideas for potential implementation at TWU.
● Manages annual formal appraisal/evaluation process for assigned staff.
Performs other duties as requested.
TWU strives to provide an educational environment that affirms the rights and dignity of each individual, fosters diversity, and encourages a respect for the differences among persons. Discrimination or harassment of any kind is considered inappropriate.
TWU is committed to equal opportunity in employment and education and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran's status, genetic information, or against qualified disabled persons.
Apply on Institution's Website
Development and Fundraising
Want to learn more about working for this employer?
Create your free job search account
Receive new jobs by email
Post your resume/CV
Track your applications
Have an account? Sign in
Texas Woman's University
Phone : (940)898-3555
Fax : (940)898-3566
Website : http://www.twu.edu/