Precision Castparts Corp.
San Leandro, CA, United States
Material Review Specialist
• Gathers rework information and collaborates with Operations and Engineering to generate rework instructions for operators.
• Collaborates with NDT inspectors, visual inspectors, and manufacturing personnel on rework and repair feasibility.
• Ensures compliance to all customer requirements and industry standards during rework generation activities.
• Provides input for documentation changes in relation to the rework generation processes.
• Utilizes root cause analysis methodology to determine cost-effective and efficient manufacturing routing of castings.
• Assists with defect data collection and provides timely feedback to Engineering for defect analysis and disposition.
• Validates all manufacturing routing generation against current quality compliance procedures.
• Coordinates and manages communication between Operations and Engineering related to reoccurring defects and scrap.
• Coordinates and manages communication between Operations and Production Planning related to daily priorities. Ensures priorities are effectively communicated with all other interfacing team members.
• Requests appropriate revisions within the shop traveler system for standard rework cycles.
• Provides appropriate compliance training for rework cycle generation.
• Participates in regular audits of MR0 and rework processes.
• Participates in daily Engineering scrap disposition meetings.
• Continually maintains 6S practices within the department.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing production environment; casting process experience and comprehension of rework operations is preferred.
Equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
• Working knowledge of investment casting parts and inspection criteria.
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings, including geometric dimensioning and tolerance and specification requirements.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced production environment.
• Ability to read and comprehend English.
• Ability to lift and maneuver objects weighing up to 35lbs.
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and leadership.
• Aptitude with computers systems and Microsoft Office applications.
• Detail orientation
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Precision Castparts Corp.
Website : http://www.precast.com/