Continental Tire North America, Inc.
Fort Mill, SC, United States
Responsible for the completion and accuracy of month end close processes and financial reporting for the Continental Financing and Holding Companies for the US. Also responsible for budgets & forecasts for these Companies. Responsible for compliance with FRM (financial reporting manual) and/or IFRS accounting pronouncements. This position will also have intercompany billing and reporting responsibilities.
Financial Reporting for US Financing and Holding Companies:
• Prepare accounting entries to capture all activities of our US Financing and Holding companies, including debt, interest and derivative valuation.
• Responsible for the monthly & year end close of the Financing and Holding companies in the US including but not limited to timely SAP closing, FIRE loading for BS & P&L along with other non-financial reporting requirements.
• Coordinate with corporate accounting in Hanover to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information in accordance with company accounting policies outlined in the Financial Reporting Manual (FRM) and International Finance Reporting Standards (IFRS) guidelines.
• Liaison with external audit firm for quarterly and year end audit requests, which includes the annual audit of the stand-alone GAAP financial statements for the US Financing company.
• Responsible for any other reporting and/or accounting requirements as it relates to the Financing and Holding companies in US.
General Accounting and Intercompany Tasks:
• Ensure assigned balance sheet accounts are properly reconciled & reviewed on a monthly basis; any identified adjustments are corrected in timely manner.
• Prepare billings and reconciliations for intercompany transactions.
• Prepare quarterly KPI reports for the intercompany group.
• Lead and/or participate in various projects for process improvements, new reporting, policy compliance, etc.
• Assist the department in the preparation of ad hoc reports.
• Other tasks as required.
• Bachelor's Degree - Accounting, Finance or related field
• 5-7 years of professional experience in Accounting/Finance function
• IFRS and US GAAP proficiency as it relates to financial reporting
• Financial statement preparation
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency of MS Office tools (excel, ppt, etc)
• CPA/CPA Candidate
• SAP knowledge & hands-on experience
• Exposure to audit with an external audit firm
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Project Management skills
Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening.
Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Continental Tire North America, Inc.
Website : http://www.continentaltire.com