CME Group Inc
CME Group is currently looking for a Clearing/Quant intern.
This candidate will assist the Clearing Department on day-to-day activities in support of quant risk team. The Quantitative Risk Team in the Risk Management Department is responsible for developing, analyzing, and back-testing models for clearing initiatives.
Daily responsibilities include code release testing, historical data validation, margin and stress testing model validation, and portfolio back-testing. The candidate must have the ability to efficiently, effectively, and independently conduct research, analyze problems, formulate and implement solutions, and produce high quality results on time.
Skills / Software Requirements:
• Strong quantitative and analytical background.
• Excellent programming, communication, and documentation skills.
• Knowledge of financial markets.
• Knowledge in advanced quantitative risk modeling and knowledge of statistical models in risk management preferred.
• Knowledge in advanced derivatives modeling and knowledge of volatility models preferred.
• Experience with programming languages such as C /C#, R, VBA, and SQL is also required.
• Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate the best practices in developing risk models like Historical VaR, Monte Carlo VaR, Multi-Factor Risk Models, Stressed VaR, Liquidity Risk models, etc.
• Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Financial Engineering, Financial Mathematics, Mathematics, Physics, or a related discipline.
Location in Chicago or New York City.
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (
) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
The most advanced trading technology;
Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.
Are you a returning applicant?
CME Group Inc
Website : http://www.cmegroup.com
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, handling 3 billion contracts worth approximately $1 quadrillion annually (on average). The company provides a marketplace for buyers and sellers, bringing together individuals, companies and institutions that need to manage risk or that want to profit by accepting risk. Our exchanges - CME, CBOT, NYMEX and COMEX - offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather and real estate. As part of our commitment to providing innovative risk-management solutions to the marketplace, CME Group also offers a growing slate of cleared OTC products and services.