Melone Hatley, PC
2-5 yrs required
, VA, United States
May 03, 2021
Aug 16, 2021
FAMILY LAW FIRM SEEKING EXPERIENCED ASSOCIATE
We are looking for an attorney who has a passion for helping people who are going through divorce and custody battles. We fight to protect our client’s family, finances, and futures. We’re looking for an attorney who can hit the ground running to give our clients outstanding representation. You need to have compassion and the ability to build relationships with your clients and know your way around a courtroom.
· Demonstrate experience in taking ownership of a client's case – discovery, pleadings, motions; collaboration and mediation; pretrial hearings, motion hearings, and trials
· Conduct client meetings and recommend strategies
· Delegate work to paralegals and monitor their work
· We need an attorney who can contribute to developing the strategy of a case and who knows where to find the authority to back up that case strategy.
· We need an attorney who knows how to find your way around the courtroom and how to project confidence and competence when dealing with people on behalf of our clients.
· Our ideal attorney knows how to read financial statements, understands equitable distribution, and can help put together a time-sharing plan.
· If you see a case file as an opportunity to help someone build a new life, you’ll like the way we think.
· Skills and experience are important and valued, but your personality, character, intelligence, and integrity are also extremely important considerations.
· We are growing, and you will be called upon to wear many hats. We need someone who does not think that the occasional need to scan your own documents is “beneath you."
Salary is commensurate with skill and experience and is negotiable. The compensation package includes base salary plus bonus compensation for production and performance. We offer a generous benefits package including health insurance, a 401K, and paid time off. We also pay for continuing legal education, bar dues, and some approved voluntary bar memberships.
How to Apply
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, we look forward to reviewing your resume. Please follow these instructions. APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Prepare a cover letter that explains what you believe are the 3 most important qualities or values for an attorney working with parents going through a divorce. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Melone Hatley, PC