Sudbury Public Schools
Sudbury, MA, United States
Nov 22, 2022
Mar 07, 2023
ABA Tutor - Nixon Elementary School
The Sudbury Public Schools, a PreK-8 district, is seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated individual to work as an ABA tutor at the Elementary school level. Using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), the program is designed to help children diagnosed with Autism reach their full potential. The students receive highly specialized instruction with inclusion opportunities provided and supported as appropriate. This work is performed in the classroom under the direct supervision of a Head Teacher and BCBA supervisor. Training is provided and is on-going.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Aid in planning and implementing academic and behavioral programming for assigned student in collaboration with other members of the team;
• Record and summarize data;
• Write progress reports;
• Meet regularly with team members and parents;
• Carry over therapies (OT, PT, Speech and Language);
• Modify general education curriculum/expectations to meet student’s needs and skill level to insure successful inclusion experiences;
• Actively participate in ongoing training;
• Work closely with other team members;
• Other related duties as assigned.
Schedule: (1.0 FTE); 30.84 hours per week
Salary: Based on the collective bargaining agreement
Welcome to Gen. John Nixon Elementary School!
Core Values: Cooperation, Aim High, Respect & Kindness, Effort, Safety
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sudbury Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.
• Four year college degree required;
• Degree in education, special education, or psychology preferred;
• Experience with children with Autism preferred;
• Must be the kind of person who is warm, caring, respectful and have a strong desire to work with young children;
• Familiarity with the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis preferred.
Hiring is contingent upon a successful CORI and fingerprinting clearance. All finalists will be required to provide official transcripts.
Resumes will be reviewed upon receipt and the position will remain open until filled.
Covid Vax Required
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
Sudbury Public Schools
Phone : 978-443-1080
Fax : 978-443-0282
Website : http://www.sudbury.k12.ma.us/