Employee benefits in Walgreens part time jobs
Following are the regular benefits received by people working in Walgreens part time jobs:
- Employee Discounts: Both part time workers and their families are entitled to a 15% discount on most purchases at Walgreens stores and 20% discount on Walgreens products.
- Flex pay: A Flexible Spending Account helps people working in Walgreens part time jobs to pay for certain expenses with pre-tax dollars. This can lead to a 20% tax savings in many cases. By carefully researching eligible expenses and monitoring their use of the Flexible Spending Account, hundreds of dollars can be easily saved each year. Money that you can use for your own needs.
- Profit sharing: There's no person out there, whether and employee or an employer who doesn't want future financial security. The company has a special Profit-sharing Retirement Plan, that is also open to team members working in Walgreens part time jobs.
- Employee stock-purchase plan: Called ESPP in short, the Walgreens Employee Stock Purchase Plan allows even those in Walgreens part time jobs to own Walgreens shares. The ESPP has two kinds of benefits: team members do not have to pay broker's fees for buying Walgreens shares, and they are also available at a 10% discount on current market price of Walgreens shares.
- Employee special purchase program: Walgreens arranges its vendors to set up special pricing programs for Walgreens employees.
- Vertical and lateral movement: Through the special Career Connections of Walgreens, team members can apply for district and corporate level positions. Walgreens also has special training programs to help employees for both vertical and lateral movement.
Shifting careers within Walgreens
Modern employees are concerned with work-life balance and with finding the right field of occupation that suits their talents and tastes. For its employees, including those working in Walgreens part time jobs, Walgreens offers literally a bevy of career opportunities. As the company tells its employees, ''From informal enrichment and mentorships to formal certification and training, you can find the support you need to maximize your potential, knowing that Walgreens wants you to grow, perform and succeed.'' And as many people working in Walgreens part time jobs, it is this attitude of the company that allows it to maintain a workforce of more than 2, 30, 000 team members. Employee business groups are a core component of Walgreens and employees have greater say here than in most other companies.
Walgreens stores are present in over 7500 locations and in all 50 states of USA and Puerto Rico. Walgreens is not a neighborhood drug store though medicines form the oldest part of its business. Today, Walgreens is engaged in many fields and Walgreens part time jobs are open for IT professionals, nurses, retail store staff, consultant beauticians, accountants, pharmacists and many other careers and verticals.