Summary: Attend a conference either in the United States or the UK in 2017 for the staffing and recruitment industries to improve your skills.
The staffing industry is taking off. The American Staffing Association reports that revenues for staffing firms jumped 5.4 percent or $147 billion last year. Attend industry conferences this year to keep up on trends and best practices as well as maintain a strong networking presence. Follow the links below to learn more about each conference.
Must Attend US Staffing Industry Conferences of 2017
- SIA Executive Forum North America located in San Diego, CA on February 13-16
This conference, on its 26th year, is the world’s premier staffing event. The conference is aimed at staffing agency leaders, delivering highlights on best practices, trends and new technology.
- SIA Collaboration in the Gig Economy located in Dallas, TX on September 13-14
This conference focuses on providing staffing industry professionals with the tools they need for the Gig Economy. They can meet with peers, HR and procurement buyers and technology suppliers to gain a grasp on things ranging from legal to logistics in the industry.
- ASA Staffing World located in Washington, DC on May 11-12
This is the largest industry expo in the world, giving attendees the chance to learn, demo and buy the newest technology that is helping firms be successful.
- Techserve Alliance Annual Conference located in Chandler, AZ on November 9 and 11
This annual conference does not have a date or location determined yet. The conference focuses on the IT and engineering aspects of the staffing industry. They will have a mixture of keynote presentations with more than 20 break-out sessions.
- SIA Healthcare Staffing Summit located in Dallas, TX on November 13-15
This conference focuses on the healthcare staffing industry. Attendees have the chance to meet and network with their peers as well as learn and demo leading technologies.
Must Attend UK Recruitment Agency Conferences of 2017
- Recruitment Agency Expo located in Olympia, London on February 1-2
This conference is in its 6th year. They draw staffing firm decision makers from throughout the region to the conference for the opportunity to learn about and get hands on experience with the latest services and products. There will be 28 seminars and 14 learning sessions that are all free plus over 90 suppliers at the event.
- SIA Executive Forum Europe located in London on October 9-10
This event is exclusively for staffing executives, where they can bring industry top thought leaders together and discuss new practices, techniques, and advice.
- Contingent Workforce Strategies Summit Europe located in Berlin on April 26-27
Representatives from all over the world travel to the conference such as senior executives, directors and VPs, managers, consultants, and specialists.