Summary: Here are 10 ways that you know you’re a recruiter for life. How many of these 10 do you do?
- You read the wedding and engagement notices religiously. You call candidates to congratulate them on their weddings/engagements and actually place them. True stories!
- You keep magazine and newspaper (print and electronic) clippings of people being promoted or taking on new positions. You get especially excited when these industry pros work in your areas of expertise.
- You take advantage of face time with clients and candidates at professional conferences, meetings and events. You love working the room.
- You place first, second and third generation of candidates with your clients.
- You know the "inside scoop" on your clients' businesses, their staffing models and who makes a good fit. Knowledge of the "human factor" gives your candidates the competitive edge.
- You can pick out the perfect candidate in the first 30 seconds of an interview. You tell the unsuspecting candidate, "I am going to place you" and you do!
- You love making matches. It feels so natural and intuitive. It's your calling card.
- You are a lifelong learner. Your natural curiosity keeps you inquisitive and motivated.
- You lead by example. You train and supervise the interns who will eventually become recruiters, HR professionals, communication and marketing leaders. You endorse the "bootstrap" methodology of learning and teaching.
- You become an Ambassador for your profession. Technology and tools may enhance your ability to source talent. They are not a substitute for person-person relationship building, talent assessment and ultimately placement. You source "Best in Class" when only the best will do.
Nov 2014. Copyright. Lynn Hazan & Associates. www.lhazan.com